Translate

Monday 1 July 2013

REVIEW: YSL Forever Light Creator Serum


Streetsavvybeauty blog had moved- click here

The Yves Saint Laurent make up team claim the three main causes of a dull complexion are "surface shadows, colour disorders and lack of transparency", so this Forever Light Creator has been formulated to work on improving the skin’s brightness, luminosity and uniformity. 


I was very keen to trial this new serum from YSL as soon as I heard about it and so I was very intrigued to know if it could live up to all its pre-launch hype and whether it could actually help eliminate and correct some of my skin imperfections. 

Read on further for my thoughts and review...





My skin always lacks radiance and no previous product has managed to give me that extra luminosity that I require. I always can suffer from an uneven skintone/enlarged pores so I hoped this would be the perfect product for me! 

The bottle comes with a pipette in order to apply so helps to ensure you only use a small dose each time. It recommends applying to the face and neck, day and/or night and so have continued doing so ever since I started trialling it.

TOP TIP: I was told once that to get the most out of a serum was to use twice daily for at least 2 months.

I have to admit I was a little skeptical if using this serum first thing in the mornings before applying my makeup just before leaving the house would be such a good idea, thinking that I would feel oily and greasy; plus with very sensitive skin it is always nerve-racking to see what certain products will do to your skin. 


Interestingly as the serum is not thick and so easily absorbed into my skin, leaving it feeling so soft and silky and did not cause any redness to my face at all. Even after going to bed and waking up the next morning my face feels so soft and smooth. You could even combine this serum into your makeup routine as a replacement primer to use underneath.

So my verdict?
Anyone who like me feels their skin can look dull and just needs that extra boost to lift their spirits- try this product. Now is the perfect time to trial in time for summer and leave those heavy foundations behind that we use just to make our skin look even. Even in a few days I could see my pore minimised and with continued regular use my skintone being more and more even.
The effects are so instant once on contact with the skin that using more in the morning allowed me to show off my new luminous skin to the full!

Available at Selfridges- YSL Forever Light Corrector 30ml (£61)

Want to know YSL's tricks on how to apply? I learnt a thing or two here (I was just dabbing everywhere) as there seems to be a technique on how to apply! Watch the video to find out:

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please do write a message and get involved :) Much appreciated!!