Translate

Tuesday 8 May 2012

TOP TIPS: The Secrets to Beautiful Hair!


                             

Not happy with your hair or need some advise? Hers is a Question and Answer session on ways to get beautiful locks! 


Read on further for tips on those all important hair issues we can all have! From frizzy hair, to adding volume; protecting that colour, to locking in moisture- we have the answers!!

Plus find out StreetSavvy Beauty's secret hair product that we are raving all about...







Q. Can you recommend a multi-purpose haircare product that I can use on a budget?
A. My miracle secret is Uniq One's All in One Hair Treatment. A bargain at only £13.99- this product tackles 10 different hair woes that you may have, including frizz, heat damage and even fading colour! It is a spray-on serum that takes the difficulty out of maintain that mane!
http://www.uniq-one.com/


Q. I always get frizzy hair in humid heat! What can I do to maintain my hair come the summer?
Pantene 24h Frizz Fighter £4.69 www.boots.com   
A. You need a good Heat Protection Spray and Anti-Humidity Spray to protect your hair from the sun! Not only can you get frizzy hair on holiday or in the summer but many are prone to getting it even in winter where dry heat from radiators can cause hair to become static. Here are a few choices for you-    
Oribe Anti-Humity Spray. £37 spacenk.co.uk/   







John Frieda FrizzEase Serum www.johnfrieda.co.uk   





















Q. I always seem to have very dry and straw-like hair! What do you recommend me to use to combat this?
A. The best tip would be to try Morocaanoil. It's treatment serum  (£29) helps to restore mositure to your hair. All that is required is a pea-sized amount just rubbed into the ends of damp hair- then just dry and style as normal. For best results -use daily.

http://moroccanoil.com/
                                                         
Q. I can never achieve any volume to my hair! It feels lifeless and heavy on my head. How can I achieve full volume without ruining my hair and backcombing it beyond oblivion?
www.bumbleandbumble.co.uk/
A. There are many cheat ways we can instantly increase the volume to our hair. My best advice purchase a good large barrel brush, volume thickening shampoo/conditioner and hairspray and get ready to blow-dry upside down!!
Start with Aveda Pure Abundance Haircare range to instantly add natural volume to your hair. (Gossip- the range is soon to expand!!) Next try Bumble & Bumble Does It All Styling Spray (£11) to damp hair to give your hair texture ready for blow-drying. Use that barrel brush to brush downwards and under to get that bounce! Blow-dry with your head tipped upside-down, styling downwards not into the hair. One done, finish off with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening hairspray  (£4.19) to maintain that do!

www.johnfrieda.co.uk 
http://www.aveda.co.uk/
    
                                                          











Q. How can I add texture to my hair?
A. Bumble and Bumble have recently unveiled its new Bb. Texture hair(un)dressing creme. (£21.50)
"It's lift, volume, one-of-a-kind style- a favourite of Bb. hairdressers (& the models who love them)."
This is the perfect product if you want to achieve that textured undone yet done look that seems totally effortless! Just work through damp hair, building up throughout sections, gripping whilst you go. Hold that for a while then let go and ruffle that mane! Apply more at the roots for extra volume.


Bb.Texture creme
http://www.bumbleandbumble.co.uk

Q. I am always styling my hair, using products and straightening my hair- I am worried I am ruining my hair. What can I do to counter-act my haircare routine?
A. Why not try protecting your hair before that haircare routine starts? Try new Pantene Repair and Protect Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask. The range is designed to instantly help mend split ends which are caused by repeatedly using straighteners and tongs. They not only repair and protect but brings out the fullness and smoothness you never knew existed!
                             
http://www.pantene.co.uk                           

Q. How do I maintain my hair's colour best?
A. My true response to this is to stock up on the glossy conditioners you are provided with when you buy hair-dyes. These somehow seem so much better than the ones you buy to compliment your shampoo!
There are other ways- From experience I can safely say that the Ojon Colour Sustain range (in particular the Protecting Cream £22) is a sure way to lock in your colour, whilst giving you that glossy finish look to top it off! The brands slogan is:
"Don't wash away your expensive colour down the drain, Colour Sustain helps seal in colour for 40washes."
                          
http://www.ojon.co.uk/
                                 
Got a question, you want to add to this list, ask away and we will answer!! Or do you have a better tip to give? Let us know your best haircare secrets and we'll give you and your blog the credit it deserves :)

My best kept secret? Well it's not so secret anymore- saw that Stylist Magazine were mentioning it!! Try Christophe Robin's Daily Hair Cream- miracle stuff!! Another one for dry hair but moisturizes and hydrates thirsty hair in need of a condition. Find stock of Christophe Robin on LookFantastic website.


                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please do write a message and get involved :) Much appreciated!!